Ring Alarm - Alarm armed away doesn't trip if open front door

This is a super odd one.

We have a Ring Alarm Gen2. At our front door we have the Yale Wifi integrated into the Ring Alarm and the door also has a gen2 contact sensor.

Whenever I put the alarm in away mode, and come back later, put in my Yale pin, open the door, hear the alarm has been tripped (no siren yet), I can enter the code and it disarms.

If my wife puts the alarm in away mode as goes run an errand, and then I come home, put in my Yale pin, open the door, I don’t hear the alarm has been tripped, nothing. Alarm is still in away mode, and sometimes I’ll forget this and walk through my living room and the motion sensor trips the alarm and siren goes off. Scares the living s**t out of me. It only happens when my wife alarms away mode, and I’m coming home from work and I enter my own pin. Her and I have different pins.

Hi @flexnix. The Ring Alarm system should behave the same way regardless of who armed the system. Would you mind reaching out to our support team on this matter? I’d recommend having both you and your wife available when you reach out as our support team may have you adjust some settings and test out the system to make sure everything is working correctly.

You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: