Ring Alarm activated, but no siren.

I have had two major issues with the Ring alarm.

1. The base station loses power frequently. After speaking with a rep from Ring, she advised it could be a faulty power adapter and advised she would send me a new one three months ago (I still haven’t received). I removed the battery backup from the base station as when it swtiched the battery backup, the system would not automatically reconnect to wifi after power was restored. Any other ideas as to why the base station loses power? It is plugged in to a surge protector, as there is not an outlet that will reach.

2. This morning at 2:00 am, I received audible alerts from my phone that my alarm had triggered (Do Not Disturb critical alarts was on) and there were 23 alerts in my Notification ceneter. I went downstairs to check the base station and it was flashing red, but there was no siren. The alerts on my phone read:" Ring Alarm is still alarming and the siren is silienced". I cannot find a setting in the app where the siren can be silenced.

I am very concerned that my base station is malfunctioning.

Hi @johnkelcook. If possible, I would definitely recommend plugging your Base Station directly into a power outlet rather than a surge protector to ensure it’s receiving adequate power. I’d also suggest following up with our support team regarding the replacement power cord you were being sent, as they’ll be able to take a look and make sure it gets sent out to you. As for the alarm, it does silence itself after the siren is triggered for 10 minutes. If the siren didn’t initially trigger, you’d also want to touch base with our support team on that matter so they can troubleshoot and make sure your Base Station is working properly.

You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hooe this helps! :slight_smile: