Ring 4 No 5ghz terrible images

Just purchased ring 4 .
Well I have to say, what’s a lemon.

Image quality is not 1080, its more like 480p.
Absolutely terrible quality.
Iam within 4 metres of router Rssi of green 50.

Also it’s not possible to connect to any 5ghz channel, just not possible.
I tried 3 routers WiFi 5 and WiFi 6. Nope nothing. 5g is not seen.
My neighbour has same ring. His is crap too.
So either ring is not 5g. Or it’s just not true.

Now onto video quality, utterly awful shocking, image is mor e like 480p.
People don’t realise that yeh maybe 1080 at a tiny scale. By the time it’s on a pc screen or god forbid a smart tv the quality is lost.

Has anyone ever connected to 5ghz with ring 4???
Anyone???
Bought one for my daughter too, dam she’s goin be disappointed, oh.
Forgot to mention I have fibre to the home, 1 gigabit connection.

Hi @Terry30969. The Video Doorbell 4 is compatible with both 2.4GHz and 5.GHz wifi networks. However, we typically recommend utilizing a 2.4GHz connection as it has a farther effective range. Given that various building materials and other household electronics can cause some interference or even weaken wifi signals, using the connection type that provides a farther range leads to more consistent performance. If you don’t see the 5GHz connection listed during the setup process, try setting up a guest network with a different network name and password to see if that appears.

As for the video quality, we have troubleshooting steps in this Help Center article that may help. If the video quality appears to consistently be lower than 1080p, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.