Ring 3plus battery not clicking into place

Brand new, straight out of the box, never used. Battery has a full charge but won’t “click” into place to supply power to the Ring. It works but won’t stay in the proper place unless I hold it there just right. I thought once the faceplate was on and screwed in that it might help hold it in properly but that was a no go.

I attached a short clip with an example of what I mean.

A bit upsetting and super frustrating as I wanted it to be installed before the holiday weekend.
I’m thinking it’s a defect as it should fit properly. Is it the housing or the battery? I don’t want to fork out $30 to replace a brand new battery on the chance it’s the housing that’s causing the issue.

I got a Ring 3 plus which I planned to install today. I charged the battery fully but when I slid it into the compartment the pins don’t touch unless I physically hold the battery it exactly the right spot.
There isn’t a lot of jiggle but enough that the battery won’t stay in place to supply the unit power.

Hi @DeeSkwared. The battery should be able to hold in place without any assistance. i suggest reaching out to our support team so they can take care of this for you. Or, if you purchased this at a local store, you can return it for a new one. Whichever works in your favor.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.