Ring 3 plus mounting holes different from Ring 2

I recently purchased Ring 3 plus to replace Ring 2. During the installation I found that I could not install it on the previously drilled mounting holes. Are the mounting holes on the wedge not spaced similarly on Ring 2 and Ring 3 plus? If not then that would mean having multiple drilling holes on my wall!

I hear ya. I recently returned the Ring 3 to Amazon and the fact that the mounting differed from the Ring 2 was one of the reasons. In addition, I purchased the Ring 3 because I thought the 5ghz band would make a difference. It did make a difference but it was not for the better.

For me, living in Mexico, the price (nearly double that of the Ring 2) of the Ring 3 goes a long way towards the purchase of a new phone…

Hi @Apatra. The No-Drill Mount for the Video Doorbell 3 and 3 Plus may be the solution you’re looking for if you don’t want to drill anymore holes in the wall. You can find it listed on our website here. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring

The wall I want to install the ring on has rough stucco surface. I saw FAQ for the No-Drill Mount and it says it should be installed only on smooth surfaces. Is there any other way to mount it on the preivously drilled holes of Ring 2?

Amruta

Having the same thoughts. I’m having trouble mounting Ring 3 Plus and Ring 3 for my parents. I watched some additional troubleshooting guides on YouTube and I believe there’s no other choice but to drill new holes.