Ring 3 plus intermittently works

I have had a ring 3 plus doorbell for around 4 months and have no problems. We purchased a camera around 2 months ago too again with no issues.

Over the last 2 weeks the doorbell has intermittently worked. It keeps stopping recording any motion and won’t live stream. We have reset everything and checked signal for wifi which is fine. I have the chime to support too.

It’s saying RSSI -62

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

H there, @Kirsty1! The RSSI reading you are receiving does indicate some network interference. While the app may display this as good RSSI, interference can come in many forms and some more impacting than others. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. As the Doorbell 3 plus is dual band compatible, I recommend double checking that it is connecting to your 2.4 Ghz wifi network. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help. How do I check if the connection is on 2.4?

First I would try disabling all motion related function. In fact, turn off ring alerts, motion detection and motion alerts. Restart your app. (Maybe reboot your router).
If you are ambitious consider installing the ‘rapid ring’ app.

Now try to invoke a ‘live view’.

RSSI of -62 is pretty good for me. I currently have all the motion settings off. The app on my android phone goes into live view in about 2 seconds. My router is currently going through a vpn and speedtest tells me my connection is 15 down and 7 up. My rssi is -61.

Let us know…

Sometimes it also happens when you put the view live too. They swapped it out for a ring 3 plus worked for about a week Bang same issue.