Ring 3 doorbell, solar charging , and 5 minute snapshot

Title says it all. I have a ring 3 doorbell it charges with solar with the app saying solar “connected”when the battery is at 89%. Once above this battery level, of course like every one else my app will say not connected until the doorbell gets below 89% to solar charge.

I haven’t had to remove my battery to charge the doorbell in months!

Why can’t I get 5 minute snapshot!

Is this just me?!

Hi @sergiodsvs. The Solar Panel is designed to provide a trickle charge to your Ring device’s battery to help extend the amount of time between charges depending on how much activity it’s recording. If possible, can you please share a screenshot of what Snapshot Capture options you have available in the Ring App? I’d be happy to offer some helpful suggestions once I see what you’re seeing on your end. :slight_smile:

!

I’m more concerned that I can’t get 5min snapshot. Again, I haven’t charged my ring for 2 months.

Here’s what my snapshot shows

@sergiodsvs Thanks for sharing those screenshots! First, I would recommend togging Snapshot Capture off and then back on to see if it will allow you to select the 5-minute increment. If that doesn’t work, a full reset and fresh setup would be the next step to try. You can reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, you can set the Doorbell back up in the Ring App using the steps under Set Up a Device.

Should this concern continue to persist after trying these steps, our support team is happy to take a closer look at your account and device. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Caitlyn, I did preform the factory reset. Then my ring 3 updated it’s firmware. Now there isn’t an option for a 5min snapshot. Solar still shows up, and now the battery icon shows a sun attached to it. Was this 5 minute snap shot option removed?

I have been trying to find an answer to this question also. I have a Ring Doorbell 3 with firmware that is ‘Up To Date’ with Snapshot Capture for ‘Every 1 Hour’ or ‘Every 14 Minutes’ only. My device is wired to the existing doorbell installation.

I also have a Ring Doorbell 1 that is ‘Up To Date’ and it has Snapshot Capture options for ‘Every 1 Hour’, ‘Every 14 Minutes’, or ‘Every 5 Minutes’.

I would like to have the 5 minute option for my Doorbell 3