Ring 3 doorbell audio and motion alert issue

hi, i recently got a Ring 3 video doorbell, seems working fine after installing a Chime Pro to extend wifi outside the door,i have motion freq. to Frequent, 15/30 feet, i noticed now that watching recordings videos,some of them the audio starts only after 15 seconds.Another thing is the motion is not detected or i don’t have notifications right away, i set up first to 5/15 feet and the lower part off otherwise i have alerts for cars passing by in the parking lot, i am on 4th floor in a condo apartment, so i need camera on left/right and for the first 8 feet in front of the door. i just tried to switch the connection of the Chime pro to 2.4ghz instead of the 5ghz…let’s see…( question: i changed only the wifi frequency to 2.4ghz at ChimePro, do i need to change anything to the door bell settings? i understand that the doorbell is using chime pro frequency so i guess i don’t need to change anything to it but i want to confirm it please)

Hi @matteo76usa. To verify what network your Ring Doorbell is connected to, open the Ring App and tap on- Menu > Devices > (Ring Device) > Device Health and it will show you the RSSI and the network name. If you want to change it, simply select the Change Wifi Network option on that screen and follow the on screen prompts.

For your delayed notifications and audio issues, you can try rebooting your router by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once your wifi is restored, test out an event to see if there is improvement. If not, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Re: Ring 3 doorbell audio and motion alert issue