Ring 3 Doorbell and Motion Zones

I’m unable to adjust the motion zones or add more. The tutorial in the app doesn’t match what I’m able to do. My doorbell is picking up sidewalk movement but the middle motion zone is way to big to turn off as it covers the sidewalk too.

Hey @jlr1983. You can turn down how far this zone is detecting out by adjusting the MIN to MAX slider within the Motion Zone’s section in the Ring app. This should be after Step 1 of adjusting your Motion Zones, where you can turn on/off a certain zone. On Step 2, you will need to experiment with what position this slider is in that seems to not pick up motion from your sidewalk. Since everyone’s layout of their home is different, I recommend putting it in the middle and testing it from there. If you notice you miss motion events close to your door, you will need to slider it closer to MAX (I recommend slowly day by day until you find the sweet spot). If you notice you have too much motion from the sidewalk still, you will need to slider it closer to MIN. :slight_smile:

This seems super inefficient. Why can you not allow adding more zones or changing the actual displayed zones?

@jlr1983 I appreciate your feedback! I do still recommend you to take the steps as I have described, or reach out to my support team via phone a call at one of the numbers available here if you would like for them to take a deeper look into this for you. I will make sure that your feedback is passed onto the appropriate teams so we can help better the experience our neighbors have for future.

In addition, as we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.