Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
User Solution
Closed
Ring 2nd generation wont connect to wifi
wifi
battery-video-doorbell
installation
troubleshooting

I hate this product. Last month I got a ring from Amazon. It worked for a week then lost connection to my wifi. After hours on the phone with tech that kept telling me to do the same thing and nothing helped, I returned it. I saw it on sale so i got a new one. Same thing, still garbage. It would not even connect the first time. This is so frustrating! Not sure why this product can’t connect to wifi.

28-12-2023 02:42:32

Responses (4)

C
User Solution

Hi @user72658. There are various reasons why a device might not connect to wifi. If your router is dual-band and the networks share the same network name and wifi password, it may help to split the bands. The Ring Doorbell (2nd Gen) is only compatible with 2.4GHz networks.

Additionally, we have various troubleshooting steps for setup failures here as well. That Help Center article addresses the common issues you may run into during the setup process. If those troubleshooting steps don’t help, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

28-12-2023 11:14:18

M2

Mine stopped working due to WiFI issues after the first 3 days out-of-box. No alarms or communications whatsoever! My RING Gen 2 Health Signal Strength says RSSI-70 at a time when battery is still showing as 90% fully charged. Latest App firmware installed.

The Wifi is 2.4GHz. and the router is 9 yards from RING. All other products in the house upstairs and downstairs report a good wifi connection.

It is like the RING has a pre-program’d catchall to promote the sale of Pro RINGS with full wifi capablity. Is the RING Gen 2 wifi circuit slugged with a resistor that can be removed?

29-12-2023 01:44:30

J

Hi @Midori-2. As mentioned by Caitlyn, if the steps mentioned in the solution do not help, reach out to our support team for further assistance. Also, we do not recommend removing anything internally from your Ring device, as it can void its warranty.

01-01-2024 06:34:14

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

31-01-2024 06:35:12

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User