Ring 2nd generation video doorbell transformer

Hello ,The ring 2nd generation can be connected directly to an 18 vac transformer ?

Hi @Pedro2. This Help Center article here will show you how to connect your Ring Video Doorbell Generation 2 (2020 release) directly to a low voltage transformer.

thanks, it is mandatory to turn on the resistance or I can turn it on without the resistance ?

I can connect the output of the 18 vac transformer directly to the ring without the resistance ?

Hi @Pedro2, happy to chime in for Tom and clarify this. As mentioned in the Help Center Article that was shared, A resistor is REQUIRED in place of a mechanical or electronic doorbell kit for this alternate configuration to work successfully. The specs for the required resistor are: 25 Ohm, 50 Watt, wirewound resistor. I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

thanks, how well to work successfully?

I will also use the ring chime for when I touch the ring doorbell the chime plays

I only have two wires to connect to the ring in the installation that are power supply , these two wires have 18 vac ?

@Pedro2 The transformer must be a low voltage 8-24V AC transformer. If you have any further questions about wiring, I would recommend consulting a licensed electrician as I’ve shared all of the information we have available on how to wire your Video Doorbell Generation 2 directly to a transformer. :slight_smile: