Ring 2 Video Doorbell disconnects now won't sync with AP

I have the following Ring Video Doorbell with a rechargeable battery. We found we had to charge it often so we bought the cord seen in the second photo. We often had to reconnect the system to our internet and that we also had to recharge the battery even with the plug-in.

We got fiber internet a while back and since then I can’t connect to the system. I asked for help on the Ring Community Page on FB and they suggested the resistor and that we make sure we are hooked up to the 2.4 ghz option for our internet. My doorbell with literally not RESET or complete a hard RESET. I’ve tried and tried. I’ve reset our internet. Deleted the ap and doorbell item off the ap to start all over. I’ve readded the doorbell back and now the doorbell won’t even swirl the light to begin the connection process. Either my doorbell is dead or something else is up. I made sure the battery was fully charged and plugged in before attempting all these steps. The plug in shown is not new and worked for many months without issue. What else should I do?

Hi @Renswife. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your setup. It looks like you are using a 3rd party power supply for your Ring doorbell. Unfortunately, Ring does not support the use of a 3rd party power supply. The product we do recommend would be our Plug-In Adapter here. It is possible that the 3rd party power supply could be the culprit for the concerns you are having, as there has been no test performed on how this affects your Ring doorbell.

It doesn’t make sense as it worked for some time. It also won’t sync with my phone even with just the battery. I can’t get the unit to sync no matter what I do. The swirling lights don’t ever spend no matter how often we press the reset button or do hard reset. I believe the change is because our internet changed a fiber but I still can’t get the system to try to sync with my phone anymore even though we’ve dumped the device off of my phone and re-entered it.

Hi there, @Renswife! When a Ring device worked once before, but will not reconnect to the network, a reset (holding the setup button for 20 seconds) is the best next step. As it looks like you’ve completed this step, try performing a setup in the Ring app using another mobile device entirely. Please ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device. Please also complete this setup with only the battery powering the Video Doorbell.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.