Ring 2 updated version trouble detecting motion

I purchased a ring door bell had it for around four days. Then noticed some scratches, i had a replacement sent out. Since ive set it up its not detecting people walk in the garden and the person just suddenly appears at the door. It used to detect motion when someone opened the gate and start recording now its only recording after persons rang the bell doesnt show then leaving or entering. Before i had it on standard mode and was perfect but since replacement has been sent its not working . Can anyone help?

Hey @Jamz89. Motion detection concerns are typically due to positioning or settings and can be fixed by adjusting these. Can you please share a screenshot of the Motion Zones you have set in the Ring App? I’d be happy to take a look and see what recommendations I can make. :slight_smile:

@Jamz89 Thank you for sharing that screenshot. Approximately how high is the Doorbell mounted? Also, what is the RSSI number on the Device Health screen for your Doorbell? The RSSI will tell us some information about the Ring’s connection with your wifi network so we can isolate what may be causing this concern.

If possible, can you share a video example of the motion being detected late? The video should be saved in the Event History in your Ring App, and you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.

Re: Ring 2 updated version trouble detecting motion