Ring 2 not charging on hardwire anymore (after doing so for 2+ years)

As the title states, I’ve had a Ring 2 on hardwire for more than 2 years. Within the last 6 months or so, I got a notification that the battery level was depleated. I checked the app and it still said the power source is hardwired. No matter, I removed the battery and charged it up and put it back in – because that’s what the Ring “Help” content told me to do.

I consistently lost 1-2% of battery life a day, despite turning off all motion activity and snapshot. You read that right: the battery still drained despite triggering no events.

I’ve had to charge the battery twice since then, and I put a new one in last week… it’s at 80% and falling. The app still shows that it’s hardwired, and I haven’t made any changes to the connection since it was working. Oh, and it’s not cold here either. I’m attaching a picture of my app settings.

Hi @its_roo. Thank you for detailing your experience with the Doorbell and the settings you have. It is odd that the Doorbell is still discharging despite absolutely no activity on it and it being hardwired. No worries though, our support team can look into this further for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile: