Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
D
User Solution
Closed
Ring 2 doorbell - button/motion alerts don't respond but live view does
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

My Ring video doorbell 2 has recently stopped responding when the button is pressed (no alert, no blue light). The motion alerts have also stopped working, despite being activated in the app. The live view works fine when I access that through the app. The battery is fully charged and shows a good connection with the wifi. I’ve reset the device using the button under the cover, but the problem persists.

04-02-2024 11:26:29

Responses (2)

C
User Solution

Hi @donosaur. Make sure Ring and Motion Alerts are toggled on in the Ring app. I’d also recommend checking the Event History to see if the Doorbell button presses are logged there. If they aren’t, try fully resetting the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. After that, walk through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. If this concern still persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here to look into this further.

06-02-2024 10:29:55

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

07-03-2024 10:30:52

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User