Ring 2 Doorbell Battery Life

Had a Ring 2 installed a few weeks ago. Installer said that the battery would last about 30 days, then need recharge… The first battery was completely discharged in about 24 hours. I removed the battery and charged to 100% ( green light). When reinstalled, it again lasted about 24 hours.

I contacted installer and he brought me another battery. I fully charged the new battery and installed it. This second battery dies within 30 hous or so. I have alternated charging and installing the 2 batteries each day. They still die within 24-30 hours.

I do not have the doorbell connected to power. I don’t use the record feature. How long can I expect the batteries to last? If I purchase a NEW battery will it be any better? Did the installer sell me a bill of goods when he said the battery should last about 30 days?

Totally disappointed in this purchase so far.

Hey @rickas. The Doorbell should last more than 24 hours with a fully charged battery, and the installer gave you a proper estimate. Of course, the time in between charges all does depend on the motion settings and how many times the devices is recording or being used, but 24 hours is not how it is designed to function. If you can, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this call goes and what they do for you!

1 Like

Thank you for helping resolve my issue. Called the tech line and the tech troubleshot the device. Took less than 5 minutes for her to determine that the device itself was at fault. She ordered a new bell and received it last Monday. Installed with battery at 100%. 5 days later the battery is still at 96%. Thank you Chelsea.

2 Likes