Ring 2 Connection Problems

This is happening far too often. I use Ring 2. Whenever I try to connect to the Live View, it usually takes minimum of 10 seconds. Often it takes 30 seconds. Quite often it fails outright and tells me there’s a connection issue (see screenshot).

Rarely have I managed to open the Live View in time to actually engage with someone who has rang the bell.

I have 70mbps fibre broadband. I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy phone (the same issue occurred on my old phone too).
It also used to be a problem in my old house on a totally different Internet provider.

What is causing this? It’s not my broadband (or my previous broadband). I have an up to date phone.

1 Like

I have a newer Samsung Galaxy - it’s not the phone and it’s not the internet because I have literally upgraded everything. I think it MUST be Ring themselves. I spoke to a guy last week who said a month or two ago they were having issues - he gave me a work around that worked for like 5 mins and then it was back to it’s old crap again. They MUST look into this!!!

1 Like

They won’t do anything. It’s factored into their budgets that x amount of people will experience problems and will leave. They’ve decided It’s more cost effective to not help people and then lose them rather than spend the money assisting and keeping them. I’ll be switching to Nest or another product. Good luck guys.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! This is typically due to network problems or instability, but everyone’s home and network environment are different. Whenever you access the Live View on the Doorbell, it’s going to utilize both the upload and download speeds from your wifi network, so it’s important to check both of these and ensure that not too many devices are using them at the same time. You can also check the RSSI in the Ring App, which is a measurement of your Ring’s connection to your wifi. Additionally, you can find some more wifi troubleshooting tips in our Help Center Article here.

If none of these suggestions are helpful, our support team is always happy to help as well. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

@hpc1989 If you switch, let us know your experience. I am likely going to change over to Eufy cameras.

Ring is a Company that puts bugs or something after the software update and then BINGO your ring starts to have issues. I had the ring for
5 Years and no issues. Comcast changed my Wifi router and I had to reset the RING DOORBELL 2and then it went straight to SOFTWARE Update. From that day on (June !, 2021) I have nothing but TROUBLE.
WIFI cut-off—Streaming Error—Years to connect if someone at Door.
Reset WIFI and lastly it takes 30 Seconds to tell me someone at Door.
One more thing sometimes Video is B/White. I will buy Arlo