Ring 1st Gen recording blank video

Hi all,

My 1st gen doorbell is going a bit crazy. Firstly it very intermittently works. Most of the time when people press it nothing happens. There has been no change it my set up with WiFi or anything.

Now, when it detects motion all I see on the App is 100% black footage. Not dark, not a lack of light, but totally, no data, blank. But when it’s recording time lapse footage it’s absolutley fine.

I fear it may be past it and needs replacing, I’ve reset, recharged and done everything. Do Ring do repairs?

Hi @Colin2030. We have a great Help Center article here for fixing black video. If that doesn’t seem to offer any improvement, I would reach out to our support team to see if there is any other steps you can do to get your video quality back to where it should be. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps!