Rich notification on iOS 14 not enlarge by pushing it

I can see a snapshot on the push notification on my iPhone 11promax. However pushing it will not enlarge the snapshot. Please advise. Regards

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. The box enlarges but snapshot.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! Are you referring to the Rich Notifications that you’re receiving? On iOS devices, you’ll want to tap and hold the thumbnail to open up the full-frame screenshot. If that doesn’t work, can you please share a screen recording of what happens when you try to open the full-frame screenshot? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. I’d be happy to take a look! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same thing happens to me. This used to work a couple of days ago, but no longer. I’ve attached a screenshot of what happens when I long press.

2 Likes

When I first enabled rich notifications, I could long press the notification and the picture would enlarge. For the past few days, the window opens with no picture. I attached a screenshot of what happens when I long press.

1 Like

Im seeing the exact same issue here. Have tried reinstalling the Ring App. Tried using the Rapid Ring app. Same issue.

It was working fine until a few days ago.

Hey neighbors! Would you mind capturing a screen recording that demonstrates what happened when the rich notification is long pressed? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. I’d be happy to take a look once I’m able to see what’s happening via a screen recording! :slight_smile:

Have already sent these to your folks on Twitter. This is what happens. Added screenshots via a zipped foler.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same exact issue as well.

Exact same thing is happening to me. Worked a few days ago but now I see the tiny screen shot in my notification but can’t tap and hold to enlarge

1 Like

Exact same thing is happening to me on iOS. Worked a few days ago but now I see the tiny screen shot in my notification but can’t tap and hold to enlarge. This was a great feature but bummed it’s not working currently.

1 Like

It’s clear to me that they didn’t actually test the app for iOS 14 support. The Rich Notifications also cause this stupid looping issue on Apple Watch Series 6, where the same message keeps trying to notify me of activity and only pressing the Digital Crown a few times will make it stop.

App definitely needs work to be functional. I guess they don’t do Beta tests before updates come out.

Hey neighbors! Would you mind taking a screen recording of what happens when you try to enlarge the rich notification by long pressing it? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply.

Same here. I have to use the magnifier to see the snapshot. It does not enlarge on click.

Here’s a vid of it failing. It opens without an image.

Hey neighbors, thanks for sharing any examples that you have. Can you please try uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App? After that, test out the Rich Notifications again via a long press and a hard press and let me know if either of those work to enlarge the notification as intended.

Thanks for the information

FaceTime for PC

That’s what I see.

Just look at the image that @ldchesebro posted. It matches exactly what I see.

Here’s a screen capture video: multiple notifications and attempts to enlarge three of them.