Rich Notification iOS 15

I upgraded to iOS 15 last week. Once done the rich notification feature isn’t working. I used to watch the snapshot of the activity within the notification bar. Now I have to open the application as if there is no snapshot attached to the notification. It could be new configuration need to be added to the app or the iOS. Any suggestion?

1 Like

Same here. Notification simply stopped pushing the moment I upgraded to IOS15

1 Like

Hi Neighbors! What version of the Ring app do you have installed? When you experience these issues, are you on wifi or cellular data? Also, try toggling off the Rich Notifications Feature, then toggling it back on. Let me know this information when you have time. Thank you!

Same here since ios15 no snapshot photos on notifications.

1 Like

I turned rich notifications off then back on. Still do not get rich notifications on the Lock Screen.

However, if I get the notification as a banner, I can pull the notification down and get the snapshot along with the 30 min/1hour snooze options.

Again, no snapshot or “Ring” native snooze options while on the Lock Screen (I specify “native” because there is a snooze option but it is specifically for the notification itself. All apps have this new iOS notification snooze option).

Found the fix:
In the old iOS, to view the snapshot, you would swipe left and click view. Now, in ios 15, you long press the notification to view the snapshot and snooze device motion notifications.

3 Likes

My notifications have stopped completed for the ring once upgrading to ios 15. I have followed the trouble shooting guide including the focus notifications. In summary:

• Notifications are turned on in the Ring app.
  • Notifications are turned on in ios for ring (including "allow notifications, banner style=persistent, show previews=always)
  • I’ve restarted the iphone
  • I’ve tuned notifications off then back on
  • Focus notifications are turned off / no focus activated.

What am I missing?

P.S. The ring app does show the history of the detections - its just not notifying.

Hi @underdawg. Thanks for sharing what troubleshooting steps you’ve tried so far, as it looks like you’ve covered all of the basics that are recommended. Have you contacted our support team about this yet? They may be able to help further or escalate with the advanced support team if it’s necessary. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This was driving me nuts! Thank you so much for figuring it out. After going to iOS 15, swiping doesn’t work like it used to. Long press brings up rich notifications and the snooze options for me

1 Like

Here is the fix that worked for me after not getting notifications pushed at all after I updated to iOS 15. (1) power off the phone and power it back on again. (2) open the Ring App, and for each device, go to Device Settings → Notifications → disable Rich Notifications. Repeat this for each device. (3) test to see if you set your app from Away to Home mode if it will send notification. If this works fine, then now you can go back into each device and toggle the Rich Notification back on - repeating for each device. Then check by switching to Home or Away mode. You should be fine now. If you also have a MyQ Garage door app, then the power off and power on should likely fix that, too, as MyQ did stop working with this iOS update as well until I did a hard power-off and power-on for the phone.