Resetting cam after working on wifi

I have a hard-wired spotlight cam. Am planning on relocating my wifi extender, which means that the cam will lose its wifi connection during the move. Once the extender is back online, is there anything I will need to do at the camera to get it to re-aquire the network?

Hey @edstevens. If the camera is disconnected from the network for more than a few hours, it should show as offline. Once the network connected is back up and stable, you can go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Camera > Device Health > Reconnect to Wifi. This will take you through another setup of your device where you will be able to reconnect it to show it as online. :slight_smile:

In my case, I will just be repositioning a plug-in network extender, would be off-line for only a couple of minutes. Sounds like there would be no impact at all?

@edstevens Yep, definitely doesn’t sound like there will be much of an impact at all. Feel free to follow those steps I gave you before if it’s offline for a few hours still after the repositioning to ensure you bring it back online. :slight_smile: