Reset to factory default

I have a second gen Ring doorbell. I purchased a new cable modem, and since then the Ring won’t connect properly. Sometimes it thinks it is, but if I go to it, it says “Offline”.

I followed online instructions to do a hard reset, but it clearly didn’t do a hard reset, because it keeps the wireless password.

How can I do a hard factory reset that will totally reset it back to virgin factory settings?

Hi @bentleys. The only factory reset available for your Doorbell is to press and hold the setup button for 20–25 seconds. If your Doorbell is failing to connect to your WiFi network, try the following steps:

• When it asks you to connect to your network, make sure you are manually inputting your wifi password.

• Try your setup in the same room as your router.

• Try your setup using a different phone or tablet.

• Disable any active VPNs.

We also have this Help Center article here with other steps you can try for your concern. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

The Ring connects to my WIFI inside the house, but when I place it outside, it shows offline. Which is strange because it has been working all along.

What I don’t understand about the factory reset is that the wifi password remains in the device. This seems to indicate that the device is not being totally reset.