Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
C
Request for Integration of a Ring-Compatible Doorbell without Camera and Direct Link to a Ring Camera
pre-purchase-question
connectivity

Dear Ring Support Team,

Due to the GDPR regulations in the EU, I cannot use the Ring Video Doorbell with an integrated camera. It would mainly record the public street, forcing me to deactivate it completely. Therefore, I’m seeking an alternative: a Ring-compatible doorbell without a camera that activates a Ring Outdoor Camera upon pressing. This camera is positioned to only capture my private entrance area. My goal is to communicate directly with the linked camera upon the doorbell’s activation, similar to the Ring Doorbell function. Is such an integration possible? Are there any products or developments for this solution? It would be ideal for my situation and could interest other customers in the EU.

Thank you in advance for your support and response.

Sincerely,
Chris

Deutsch:

Betreff: Anfrage zur Integration einer Ring-kompatiblen Klingel ohne Kamera und direkter Verknüpfung mit einer Ring-Kamera

Sehr geehrtes Ring-Support-Team,

Aufgrund der DSGVO-Bestimmungen in der EU kann ich die Ring Video Doorbell mit integrierter Kamera nicht nutzen. Sie würde hauptsächlich die öffentliche Straße aufzeichnen, was mich zur vollständigen Deaktivierung zwingen würde. Daher suche ich nach einer Alternative: Eine Ring-kompatible Klingel ohne Kamera, die bei Betätigung direkt eine vorhandene Ring Outdoor Kamera aktiviert. Diese Kamera erfasst nur meinen privaten Eingangsbereich. Mein Ziel ist es, durch die Betätigung der Klingel unmittelbar mit der verknüpften Kamera kommunizieren zu können, ähnlich der Funktionsweise der Ring Doorbell. Ist eine solche Integration möglich? Gibt es entsprechende Produkte oder Entwicklungen? Diese Lösung wäre ideal für meine Situation und könnte auch für andere Kunden in der EU von Interesse sein.

Vielen Dank im Voraus für Ihre Unterstützung und Rückmeldung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Chris

02-01-2024 01:29:31

Responses (1)

J

Hi @ChrisDaHub. Where are you located? This will help me look into what Ring devices you have available in your region.

03-01-2024 10:15:43

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User