Replacing Honeywell with Doorbell Pro

Hello, I have the Honeywell Model RCW3502N1003/N as my previous doorbell. I bought the Ring Video Doorbell Pro. The Ring website says the Pro is confirmed compatible with that Honeywell Chime. I can’t seem to get it to work. And I can’t find instructions specific to that Honeywell model. When I remove the cover to my doorbell chime, the Front and Trans wires are not inside there. It appears the transformer is in my basement next to the fuse box and that’s where I’ve tried to install the Pro Power Kit. Unfortunately after all steps are completed and I turn the power back on, the door bell chime goes off repeatedly on its own every few seconds, without anyone pushing any buttons. No wires are touching each other and nothing is making contact where it shouldn’t. Unfortunately no one is having similar problems to me with this Honeywell setup so I can’t find any resources. Please help!

Hi @nickyfigz. In the Ring App, did you select that your chime kit is a mechanical or digital chime? According to the chime kit compatibility list, this model of Honeywell chime kit is a digital chime kit, so you’ll want to make sure digital is selected in the Ring App. You can change this by opening the Ring App > Main Menu > Devices > your Doorbell > Device Settings > General Settings > Doorbell Chime Type. Make sure this is toggled to digital.

If that doesn’t resolve the repeated ringing, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look at this for you and offer more advanced troubleshooting support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thanks Caitlyn. I had been selecting Digital Chime during setup, so I don’t think this is the solution.