Replacement Door bell Elite does not call our phones

I replaced my doorbell Elite due to a defective call button. When we press the doorbell Elite all my indoor chimes ring but we do not receive any phone notifications. Our three phones are Samsung, iPhone and Android. We have tried various test by ringing the doorbell while standing in the house when we all have a full network and Wi-Fi signal and still received no notifications on our phones. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem or is the replacement doorbell I received defective?

Hi @peterpaul! The best step here will be to test video. If a live video connects, or new videos are recording, this means the Doorbell Elite is communicating with the Ring app via your wifi network and mobile device. As long as your Doorbell Elite is online, notifications should make it to your mobile devices that are signed in to the Ring app.

If your Elite does not look to be online, or video is not connecting when attempting a live view from the Ring app, the best next step will be to complete the setup process in the Ring app. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have uninstalled the doorbell and reinstalled it. As soon as I reinstalled the doorbell sent notifications to all our phones when I rang the doorbell. The next day this doorbell again did not send ring notifications to my phone. To clarify the doorbell does send notifications to the chimes and to the iPhone of one member of the family. It does not send a ring notification to an Android and a Samsung phone although both these phones would have both a strong signal.

I can also confirm that both the Android and Samsung phone receive the ring notification from a Doorbell Pro I have installed in the same property. These phones also receive motion notifications from a number of Ring cameras I have installed and can view all the video and live cams including the live cam of the same doorbell Elite.

Thank you for the update, @peterpaul! This is certainly an odd one. As there are Android phones being used, please ensure there are no apps installed that might conflict with the Ring app. With Cameras working as intended at this location, it would seem that the network and mobile device connection are fine. Just to be sure, I recommend checking out our ports and protocols help center article to see if it might apply to your network.

I recommend also checking the authorized client device status for these devices, such as are the mobile devices gaining access through shared user invite, or are multiple devices signing in using the same credentials. This might create a difference in access or alerts. If this concern persists, the best next step will be to check in with our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.