Hey @etcetc. In order to change the sound that you currently have to just a single tone, you will have to adjust a couple settings.
First, in the Ring app, follow these steps to change the app alert tone:
- Open the Ring app and go to the main menu
- In the main menu, select Devices and then your Ring Video Doorbell 2
- Select Device Settings and then Alert Settings
- Select App Alert Tones and then under Motions, select the tone you would like
Second, in the Ring app, follow these step to change the sound your Chime makes:
- Under Devices, select your Chime
- Select Audio Settings and then Chime Tones
- Under Chime Tones, select Motions and change it to the same sound you have for the App Alert tone or whichever you would like
Third, in the Amazon Alexa app, you can disable the Motion Announcement if it continues to give you verbal words instead of a tone:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and select Devices at the bottom right
- Tap on Cameras or All Devices and look for your Doorbell
- Under “Motion Announcement” you can turn this on/off at any time
Hope this helps!