reoccurring notifications of motion at my front door, but nothing there

I’ve had the ring doorbell for about 2 months now. The first 7 weeks have been excellent. No issues. Now, for the last 2 days, I’m getting motion notifications about every 5/10 minutes but nothing is there. I’ve gone in and changed my motion settings, cleaned the outside of the camera, recharged the battery, and I’m still getting the notifications. When I look at the videos, there seems to be a change in color of the picture. At the beginning it goes to like black and white, then it returns to color after a second. Please help!!!

Wierd…same here, getting motion notifications but nothing is there.

@Hsvring72 wrote:

I’ve had the ring doorbell for about 2 months now. The first 7 weeks have been excellent. No issues. Now, for the last 2 days, I’m getting motion notifications about every 5/10 minutes but nothing is there. I’ve gone in and changed my motion settings, cleaned the outside of the camera, recharged the battery, and I’m still getting the notifications. When I look at the videos, there seems to be a change in color of the picture. At the beginning it goes to like black and white, then it returns to color after a second. Please help!!!

This happens with my floodlight camera. It’s really annoying to get 10-15 recordings and there’s nothing there. Yes, I’ve changed the settings to the minimum (which makes me feel not safe) but it keeps happening. Someone please help.

Hi @user6116. Here is some information on Motion Detection with your Floodlight Cam. If you need any more assistance, try making a post in our Security Cams board, as this is our Doorbell Board and we try to keep the information in these thread relevant to Doorbells. Thanks, neighbor!