Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
M
Remove old mechanical bell chime box
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
We have the Ring Video Doorbell Wired with a 2nd gen Chime. Everything is working fine right now. We would like to completely remove/eliminate our old ugly 1980’s mechanical chime box but the Ring is being powered through it: ![image|375x500](upload://eDCnEIVe7ka2BwVcuEWZfkaB2OU.jpeg) Can I eliminate or reduce that box in any way? Has anyone else done this, if so, what did you do and can you post any photos post-removal? I’m open to some light electric work/soldering as needed. Thanks!

16-09-2023 09:27:25

Responses (3)

J
Hi @Mattpick. I do not have steps to recommend on how to remove your mechanical chime, but I do have this Help Center [article](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405783047188-Wiring-Diagrams-for-Ring-Video-Doorbell-Wired-) that shows you a wiring diagram of a Doorbell Wired being hardwired directly to a transformer without a chime in between. If you are not able to figure out how to get this done, I strongly recommend consulting a qualified electrician for help.

18-09-2023 06:38:11

M
Thank you @Justin_Ring ! That is pretty much what I was looking for. I stumbled across this post afterward as well where the person posted some handmade wiring schematics that look pretty similar. It looks like it’s possible to cut the box out of the equation if I directly run another wire from the transformer to the ring doorbell. https://community.ring.com/t/jumper-cable-for-wired-video-doorbell-install-is-jumper-cable-needed/45753

24-09-2023 04:46:21

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

24-10-2023 04:47:02

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User