Remove location

How do I remove an address from the ring app? Everything I read about mentions going to Location Settings, but that choice is not on the menu.

2 Likes

I found a way to delete location through Control Center. Still cannot find Location Settings.

Hey @IndianaJesse. You will need to go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Settings > and from here you can either tap on Change Address to update the address, or the trash can icon next to your address at the top to delete it. You will only be able to delete a location if all Ring devices are removed from the Location first. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What’s missing (or at least isn’t immediately obvious from your description from either your description or the documentation) is that in the app, if you have multiple locations (I had four duplicate entries) *before* going to the menu button in the upper left corner, you *first* have to change the drop down menu in the top. My app had “All Cameras” selected, and thus “Delete location” was not on the menu on the left. But after I changed from “All Cameras” to a particular location with no cameras on it, only then could I delete the location.

That’s not very obvious and I might suggest that the documentation should be clarified. Usually if someone’s trying to delete a location, it’s because they have multiple ones, and the documentation doesn’t describe this process.

I hope this helps future readers. I wasted a lot of time stumbling in both the app and the online docs around before I found this quirky design on my own.

6 Likes

I’m trying to delete a clients location after I setup and made sure their cameras are working correctly. I can’t find locations anywhere that I can delete their address.

Hey @Scottf! While still logged into the Ring app and viewing the main dashboard, there will be a location shown at the top with a drop down arrow (if multiple locations exist). Ensure to select the location you wish to delete, then tap the menu (lines top left), tap settings, and select to remove that location. I hope this helps ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t want to remove all locations just one of two. It wont let me throw one into garbage until I remove all locations. That has to be wrong if i only want to remove one of two locations. Please help me figure this out. Thanks

Chelsea_Ring

Jul '20

“Hey @IndianaJesse. You will need to go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Settings > and from here you can either tap on Change Address to update the address, or the trash can icon next to your address at the top to delete it. You will only be able to delete a location if all Ring devices are removed from the Location first. Hope this helps!”

We’re here to help, @RockerG! As mentioned in the portion of suggested steps you quoted, those exact steps should help you obtain what you are looking for. It should not require to delete or remove all locations, and you should certainly be able to remove a single location at a time. As mentioned in our locations help center article, please ensure all devices are removed and that it is not subscribed to Protect Plus plan. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are a genius! I had app working on iPhone but it had “dropped off” my iPad and I couldn’t work out why as hadn’t altered anything. Your post helped me realise somehow I had 2 duplicate home addresses, on deleting one everything was resolved., brilliant!!

1 Like

3/25/22

Yes, Ring employs a lot of bozos, and their instructions can be horrible. I just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to delete a location…I had to use an app…and that was NOT easy…very confusing…and I couldn’t do it from my website portal? Really? I full screen, keyboard, mouse, etc??? I had to do it from my app??? …and it was overly complicated to get online instructions to line up with my version of the app.

C’mon, Ring…Get your act together!…improve your documentation…use screenshots…and keep the doco updated…quit providing low-quality content.

Unrelated, but as a side note…I installed a new Video Doorbell Pro 2 …I love it…but when the breaker tripped and that circuit was turned off, everything powered back up, but the doorbell no longer was accessible on my account! Really??? They are that sensitive? They don’t have the guts/the memory to reconnect properly with good power and strong wifi? What a drag…I had to find a security driver, remove my doorbell housing and re-add the doorbell…amatueur/consumer product…should not be labeled as “Pro”.

This description should be on top… Thanks for the help!!

1 Like

Thank you I have been dealing with my last 3 previous addresses (Yes, my job transfers me often!) for a while now, til i just recently ran cross this post by accident!

2 Likes