Removable battery - Doorbell 2nd generation ?

Is it possible to remove/replace the battery? All the referencees I’ve seen do not show the version with 2 security screws but only one screw which releases the faceplate.

Seems to me that I have to remove the whole device from the wall frame to recharge the battery.

True or false?

Hi @Castalla. The Ring Video Doorbell Generation 2 does not have a removable battery. Our Ring Video Doorbell 3/3 Plus are our models that have removable batteries. The only way to charge the Ring Video Doorbell Generation 2, is to move it from its mounting location and charge it. I hope this information helps

@Tom_Ring wrote:

Hi @Castalla. The Ring Video Doorbell Generation 2 does not have a removable battery. Our Ring Video Doorbell 3/3 Plus are our models that have removable batteries. The only way to charge the Ring Video Doorbell Generation 2, is to move it from its mounting location and charge it. I hope this information helps

Hmm. You really ned to update your documentation to emphasise this. In fact, overall, your operatng instructions, etc. need a severe makeover where many features are unclear.

Hi @Castalla. The features and specifications for the Ring Video Doorbell Generation 2 can be found here. I will be sure to pass this along to the appropriate team, and mention your request to be more clear about the wording in this document. Thank you, as I’m sure this may help others in the future.