Refurbished DoorBell 2 Video Lagging

Hi, I installed our refurbished Doorbell 2 last night and I’m dissapointed with the video quality/response time.

I tested it last night and also this morning and got the same results, I walked to my front door and it won’t detect my presence until I’m already at my door step, then I waved at the camera and the video and audio is lagging and cutting off, to the point that it won’t record me leaving my doorway, I just magically dissapeard from the scene.

I checked my WiFi connection and I get good download and upload speeds (80/25 mpbs), even 10ft away from door way.

I’ve seen videos posted by other users in the community and they are sharp and fluid, no lagging whatsoever. Can you confirm if this is always the case? smooth and timely recordings?

Thanks

PS: This is my first refurbished product ever, and it probably will be the last one.

Update and more background:

Talked to ring support, they are blaming the video lagging on my Wifi Connection, they are seeing 22% packet loss, when the norm is <3%. My ISP is Cox and I connected my Ring to the 2.4GHz network.

Hey @rubenunez! Video quality concerns are often related to wifi resources and signal strength. For this reason, we will often cover those bases first as it is the best place to start. It sounds like you’ve explored many options including contacting your ISP which is great!

Packet loss is usually due to distance and interference. You’ve stated your distance is only 10 feet, which is not too far at all. Please check that there are no major interferences such as appliances, multiple walls, or metal/ brick between the Doorbell and your router. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on improving signal strength.

I recommend also uninstalling and reinstalling the app, as well as testing your mobile device performance on wifi only, and data only. This will help to optimize the app on your mobile device and test if one connection type is better than another. Let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

As we value your security and privacy at Ring, I’ve edited your post to ensure it meets our Community Guidelines. Please review these guidelines to ensure we are always making the Community the best it can be for all neighbors.