Refund on subscription

Hi all,

I stopped using my RING video doorbell back in early 2021, and as far as I was aware, I had cancelled my Ring Protect Plan. Imagine my surprise today when i logged into my online banking and saw a pending transaction for Ring Protect Plan services!

I immediately went into my account and cancelled the service for the second time (perhaps some issue last time didn’t allow the request to go through correctly?) and selected to cancel it immediately, as I no longer have the device and the plan is of zero use to me.

My question is, will I receive a full refund? The transaction is pending, and the end of the “billing cycle” was today (24th January). It’s money that I really can’t afford to lose right now on a subscription that I can’t use. I checked my email and there was absolutely no reminder or warning from Ring notifying me that it was due for renewal which I find quite underhanded also…and for this reason it only reinforced my belief that the subscription had been successfully cancelled before!

I understand this is a community forum and that such issues may not be able to be handled here, but I can find no way to chat directly with Ring or email them, and I am not very good over the phone due to anxiety so this is my best option.

I thank you in advance

Dale

Hi there, @Syraxis! :slight_smile:

You can cancel your Ring Protect plan in your account on ring.com.

When you cancel your Ring Protect plan, you will lose access to all the stored videos in your account. If you want to save any videos, you must download or save them before you cancel your Ring Protect plan.

To cancel your plan:

1. Go to ring.com and log into your account.
  • Verify your account using Two-Step Verification. You’ll receive a verification code by email or text message, depending on how your account was set up.
  1. Select your existing plan on the left.
  2. Select Cancel Plan .
  3. Choose reason for cancellation.
  4. Choose when to cancel plan.
  • You can cancel now or at the end of your billing cycle.
  1. Confirm cancellation.

As it sounds like you’ve completed these steps already, check out our Help Center article for more details. For further assistance with billing or account related inquiries, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.