Reduce false alarms by requiring two sensors to activate alarm

We recently had a false alarm because a motion sensor was activated in an empty room. This is he first false alarm from the sensor, in more than 6 months.

I want the alarm to require two sensors to activate in order to alarm. I am willing to buy more sensors. I called and tech support was poor, as expected. Is there a way to do this? Is there a way to build this?

Hi @aixelsyd. There is not a way to require two sensors to activate in order for the alarm’s siren to be triggered, but you can add this suggestion to our Feature Request board. As for the false alarm, you can find false alarm tips for the Motion Detector in our Help Center Article here. I’d suggest checking that out and hopefully those tips help out. :slight_smile:

I added the suggestion, and will now wait years for Ring to fix it. In the meantime, I keep getting false alarms from motion sensors. Again, this was not a problem until a recent software update. I would love to just trade in all of my motion sensors for more door sensors because at the moment they are not malfunctioning.