Red tint on security camera

Worked great thanks powered it off and tapped it side to side with hand.

I had a red tint on about 10% of the image on the far right hand side on my stick up cam elite. I tried to give it a tap this made no difference. The camera had only been installed for about a day before this started happening and was never impacted by anything so was essentially a spontaneous fault. Ring support asked me to factory reset the device and disable night colour vision, neither of these actions made a difference. They have just agreed to send a replacement device.

I have the same problem. At night it goes away.

1 Like

I have the red tint issue as well, it’s been going on for almost a month… The tapping works until the following morning and the red tint comes back… Come On RING, this is a defective product here… Take some responsibility on this and do some type of re-call…

1 Like

Same problem, same fix

Same problem, reset twice, banged the heck outta camera in frustration and no luck.

Bought floodlight in June 2017. Night time is fine, but daytime image is red and blurry – unusable. Tapping solution only works at most 3 days before the issue returns.

Looks like a fundamental flaw in the hardware – are we in the 70s banging an analog TV? Will be looking at other brands. Disappointed that a $310 product lasted less than 5 years.

Tap ity tap tap and the red is gone! :

I found this thread because I’m having the same problem. The red tint is showing up on the right side only. I followed the suggestions here to tap and the whole thing went red! The trick is simple, I tapped on the left side and made it completely red. Tapping on the right side if the tint is on the right will gradually remove the tint completely. No idea how long this will last but it worked for now. Hope this helps someone, it’s a very frustrating issue with the ring cameras.

I have the same issue with a red tint on the right side of the screen. I have lots of ring products and I am disappointed that a expensive camera failed this way.

My wired Spotlight Cam’s entire image suddenly had red tint. Tapping on the right moved the tint about 70% like the image in the message above but no further. Power offs and resets did nothing.

I had the red tint issue on my indoor cam. Tapping did not help, neither did cycling power. However, I initiated setup and after that completed successfully, video was back to normal.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! If your Ring Doorbell or Camera is showing a tint or hue on Live View or videos, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Power cycle your Ring device by disconnecting it from power for about 1 minute and then reconnecting it to power. If your device has a battery, make sure to remove the battery as part of this power cycle.
  • Reboot your Doorbell or Camera in the Ring app by following the steps here. The reboot will take a few moments.
  • Reset your Ring device by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, set your device back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

If neither of these troubleshooting steps work to resolve the tint or hue, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can look into this further. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I have the same problem that everyone on this threads is having. I tried everything that I have read here and on www. Finally, I decided to call Ring Support team. They replaced my flood light cam. This is what I called Great Service

1 Like

Hey @gyew8899. Glad to hear that our support team was able to assist you!

1 Like

Sounds like the filter that switches from day view to night is hanging up inside. If it’s like a game/ trail cam is is a small lens that flips over at dusk to give the infrared view. That’s why tapping sometimes corrects the issue. My flood light cam is doing it now.

Hi none of your suggestions fixed the red hue issues.

Hi @user26252. If the troubleshooting suggestions in the marked solution did not resolve this concern for you, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can further assist. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for the tip. I will try the tap method. What is interesting is my night vision stopped working about a year ago.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.