Red tint on security camera

I moved my ring security camera today and when I plugged it back in, a reddish tint appeared on the feed. I was careful not to drop or bang the camera and has no damage. I find it odd that this has happened and only on a portion of the screen.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Hi @Duffie. Could you try a reset of the device? For this, you will press and hold down the setup button for 30 seconds. After this time has passed, please go to the Live View and let me know if this fixed the coloring? If not, please attach another screenshot of what your Live View looks like!

Thanks for this but I’m afraid the issue remains. Tried twice

@Duffie I’m sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this! If you could, please give our support team a call here and have them look at this image you have attached so they can help you further. :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. The red tint started with a partial and now covers the entire view. At night, the tint goes away!

1 Like

Hi @Cornertang! Have you tried resetting your Camera? This can be done by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. You can also perform a power cycle by powering off the Camera, waiting a few moments, and then powering it on.

If this does not resolve your concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Tried resetting the camera twice. Neither time worked. Contacted Support twice and just got frustrated with the run around. You have a defective product… Yet, you don’t acknowledge it. This is poor customer support…

Hi @Cornertang, happy to chime in for Marley here. As this is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum, we’re unable to take a look into your account or at the Camera’s warranty for concerns like this. It would be best for you to follow up with our support team and let them know that you’ve reached out before and that you’ve reset your Camera already but the concern persists. They’ll be able to look into it further. :slight_smile:

Aloha
I have the same problem with my flood light cam. Other than getting a new one and trying to reset is there another remedy?
Thanks
Alan

Thanks for the reply. I have already reached out to Customer Support twice and got nothing but the runaround. After jumping through the hoops of power cycling the camera twice and then having to climb a ladder with a bad back twice to reset camera and putting up with the malarky that Dan gave me on the second call to Customer Support, I don’t know where to go now. None of these solved my problem.

Finally, I read on the internet that the IR Filter was stuck and this is a well known problem to Ring. I took the suggestion of that article and lightly tapped the camera and evidently the filter dislodged. I have no earthly idea how long this will last. It is definitely a hardware problem. Ring Customer Support evidently just wanted to give me the runaround till my warranty had expired. For sure, Ring didn’t want to fix/replace a defective product under warranty.

I had hoped that someone at Ring would have reached out to me privately, but I guess that is too much to ask in Customer Service these days…

I am sorely disappointed in Ring and their aftersale customer support. I will make sure my people will hear about how Ring didn’t help the customer, but they won’t hear my singing praises about Ring or their customer support.

3 Likes

I had the same red tint on one of my cameras. I read the stream here, tried resetting twice but no change, then saw the tip to tap the light - that worked! Hopefully it lasts.

1 Like

tap on the camera a few times and it comes back

1 Like

I ahve the same problem , tapping the camera didnt work. Obviously a defective product. Definitely will not buy anymore

1 Like

It is odd that the filter would just spontaneously shift position, with no evidence of impact from anything. But watching the signal while tapping it on the side opposite that with the red tint actually incrementally moves the edge of the tint horizontally away from the side of the tap, eventually removing it.

Half of my screen had a red tint, Happened out of nowhere. Taped on the floodlight camera and problem went away.

1 Like

The tint issue randomly appeared for me last night, where half my screen had a red tint. I did the tap approach whilst viewing the live footage, I could see the red tint move left right, fully covered, eventually the tint went away.

Any idea if the issue returns, and if so how soon. This could get annoying.

1 Like

Same issue for my floodlight cam. Tapping the camera lightly (with a vacuum pole) worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip!!

2 Likes

Same issue. red tint for entire view. Tapped the camera and the issue went away. It’s back again today. Not going to enjoy doing this on a regular basis. BTW… the camera worked flawlessly for almost a year. Makes no sense as to why this occurred and reoccurred after the “corrective” tap. These are expensive devices and it seems Ring should investigate and provide a better fix or even recall and replace.

4 Likes

Same thing here, it is shocking that a company like Ring isn’t interested to providing best in class service. Obviously a weak management team.

1 Like

Same problem. Red tint on the entire camera display. I have 3 cameras and one is red now

1 Like