Red light on floodlight cam

Hello, I let the dog out last night and noticed the floodlight didn’t come on as usual. When I looked at the camera there were red lights on the front of it. I checked on my app and the camera was still working, I could see myself moving (just in the dark!) I switched it off and on again and then it was fine, but I’m would like to know what the issue is? Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Like

Hi @SaraK. Have you noticed this happening in any other instance or is this the only time? It’s hard to say what may have caused it if it’s a one-off instance, but I’m glad to hear it’s working fine again since then. I’d suggest keeping an eye on it and following up here or with our support team directly if this happens again. :slight_smile:

This is happening with my wired floodlight and camera. How do you power down the unit? I’ve turned the light on and off with the app, but it didn’t solve the issue. The light works if I turn it on with the app. Otherwise, the red lights display on the face of the camera and motion doesn’t activate the lights.

Hi @tskitch. Depending on how you have this wired, you may have to go to your circuit breaker box to completely power down your Floodlight Cam. After about 3 minutes, you can power it back up. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Advice given helped? I’m experiencing the same issue. :confused:

Hey neighbors. The red lights on your Floodlight Cam are the infrared LEDs used for night vision. The lights on your Floodlight Cam should also come on whenever motion is detected, as long as it is dark enough outside. If the lights on your Floodlight Cam are not activating when it detects motion at night, try reviewing the light settings. You can also try resetting your device by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, perform a fresh setup of your Camera in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. If that doesn’t help, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I am having the same issue with two of my wired flood light cameras. I reset power multiple times. sometimes it worked . I removed and reinstalled the device in the app. Rebooted also. No luck. Now the lights wont come on at all…just red leds on the camera front. The camera works and the app shows the lights being ON, but no lights, not even when motion is detected. Motion alerts are being sent and video captured. I have a 3rd light that was installed at the same time as the other two. it is working with no issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.