Red LEDs on base station

Is there any information available that explains what red leds on the base station are for? My Ring alarm base station continues to display red leds in the 11 and 12 o’clock positions.

I’ve never seen this before. Can you post a picture of it?

Well, I looked everywhere I could. I cant find anything in this. Is the base plugged in? Maybe it’s running on the battery… You could try calling customer service. If you get an answer post back. I’m curious to what it means myself now.

So I called customer support, evidently the two leds that were red are the indicator for entry delay. Went and armed/disarmed my keypads but the leds would not clear. To resolve the issue they had me do a complete power down of the base station by disconnecting the power and removing the battery. After a minute wait reinstalled the battery, and reconnected the power. Leds went back to blue. Not sure how but the base station indicators were just “stuck” in entry delay.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I saw that it counts down but never thought it could get stuck. If this ever comes up again I’ll at least know how to fix it. Glad you got it fixed. At least we weren’t crazy, when neither of us could figure it out.

I have a question ; not an answer sorry. But, if it’s night time and there’s people outside of my home and I know I can watch and hear them in night vision. Can they know I’m watching and listening?

I’m having the same issues. I will follow your steps listed below and see if that fixes it. Mine was associated with a recent power outage.

1 Like

Hi @adidas1999! Feel free to let us know how this goes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Re: Red LEDs on base station

1 Like

I had the identical problem after a power outage. Red leds at 10, 11, and 12 o’clock. I fixed it by disconnecting power cord, but instead of removing battery (which I found impossible to do), I used a pin to push Reset. Reconnected the power cord and all the leds are back to blue. All is well.

1 Like

Same issue, fixed by unplugging and reset. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for returning to share these results! For any other neighbors with a similar concern to what is mentioned in this thread, unplugging your Base Station for a moment, then plugging back in may help.

If the power cycle does not resolve this concern, try out the suggestion above

Please note, we recommend the resetting of a Base Station be done with our support team, as mentioned in this help center article. If you are needing further assistance with this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.