Recordings are too short?

When I look at my camera, under Video Settings, in the app, the “Video Recording Length” is set to 60 seconds.

Yet I’m getting motion alerts and recordings with only a 3-5 second recording. It’s too short a period of time! I get just snippets of what’s happening, with delays between them.

The cameras are wired for power.

I see other forum settings to disable Motion Verification, but when I look at where directed in this support article: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049667572-Adjust-the-Video-Recording-Length-for-Wired-Devices

I don’t see that option.

Ditto for motion Frequency: How to: Set Your Motion Frequency

I don’t see that option.

Make sure advanced motion detection is off.
Sorry I thought you had doorbell not security cam.

Hi @ricks03. Motion Verification is on by default and can not be toggled off when using Advanced Motion Detection. Thank you for bringing that Help Center article to my attention. I will reach out to my team to have that looked into and updated. As for Motion Frequency, that option is only available for battery-powered Cameras and Doorbells.

If your Camera is not recording at your set Video Recording Length with the person or object still in your Cameras Motion Zone, you can try the following steps:

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.