Recording issues

I have a question about my ring Doorbell camera. Is there a way to not make my camera go black right before it captures motion? I will see what’s going on in my timeline and when it sees motion and right as it starts recording it goes dark then appears and for that first moment of movement I dont see what caused the motion. Is there a way to fix that or is there a firmware update I need to do? Can someone please help me with that.

Hey @Myfam417. Could you show us what you’re referencing? If you share us a video example of this, we can know more of what is happening to dissect this further! You can share the video and get this link by sharing it via email or text, thus creating a share link which you can copy and paste in your reply here. :slight_smile:

Here is another example of once it starts recording it fades out the starts showing the scene. is there a way to resolve this issue?

https://ring.com/share/6819377355535017390

@Myfam417 Thank you for that video example! I wanted to ensure that you weren’t having a black video for too long in the beginning or anything extreme. From the looks of the video, it looks like the Ring Video Doorbell is just booting up from detecting motion on the PIR sensor, that the camera is then turning on, switching to full, colored picture quality. Since the device is a battery operated device, the camera will have idle time.

You can trigger it to come on by activating the Live View, dinging the Doorbell, or when it senses motion from the PIR sensor’s configuration you set up through the Motion Wizard. This brief second of B&W video will exist, and you will see the quality restore to the quality you normally have for the rest of the video. Hope this helps clear it up for you! :slight_smile: