Recording cutting off shorter than set length

Why is my Ring doorbell 3 cutting off recording mid action? I have video record length set at 120 seconds, but it’s cutting off after just a few in some instances. These instances are the ones on my doorstep and the ones I really need to record, having been assaulted by my neighbour. It’s the whole reason I got this in the first place. It records passers by til they’ve left the shot, but neighbours and postman etc are cut off.

Hi @Manta. There could be a few things contributing to your video being cut short. What is the RSSI of your device? This can be found in the Device Health tile in your Ring app. A poor RSSI can cause intermittent connection. I would also check to see how your Motion Frequency is set. This will dictate the dwell time in between recordings, which may cause you to not record a full event.

If the suggestions I made don’t seem to be of any benefit, it may be best to reach out to our support team for further guidance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

RSSI 50-55. I have WiFi booster right on the other side of the front door with good speeds so I don’t know how I could make it any better. Device health reports are always good. I have set all setting to on now, so my battery is draining buy it’s starting to work closer to how I think it should do, for a substantial outlay on equipment.