Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
M
User Solution
Rechargeable battery in Ring doorbell 2nd gen - advisable to keep it connected?
battery-video-doorbell
installation
troubleshooting

I recently received a replacement Ring doorbell 2nd generation, with a rechargeable battery. Now the battery is freshly recharged and I was able to add it to my Ring account and have it work as it should.

The Ring app is pretty lousy at alerting the user of a battery that needs recharging. It would just disconnect the doorbell and then you have to figure out whether it’s because of the battery or other issue.

Would it be a good idea to keep the battery plugged in?

25-03-2024 10:05:39

Responses (2)

C
User Solution

Hi @mario_GlenBurnie. In general, it’s not recommended to keep rechargeable batteries plugged in 24/7. This can negatively impact the battery capacity over time. If you have an existing doorbell circuit (XXXX VAC, 40VA max, 50/60Hz), you can hardwire your Doorbell (2nd Generation) for a trickle charge. This can extend the amount of time between needing to manually charge the battery.

27-03-2024 05:43:25

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

26-04-2024 05:43:45

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User