Recent Purchase

We recently put in the Ring cameras but one of them doesn’t seem to be detecting motion. Is that a setting or camera placement? We have two and the other one seems to be fine and they are linked. Thank you!

Hey @masorvy1994. What camera is the one that is not recording motion? What does the Device Health page look like (please cut off any MAC IDs)? What are you motion settings set to for the device and has it ever recorded motion in the event history?

Hello, would you be able to tell me where to find the device health?

@masorvy1994 Of course! If you go into the Main Menu of the Ring app > Devices > Device in question > Device Health, you can see the information you need from here! :slight_smile:

Thanks I attached here. It is the camera at the front door. And it does capture some emotion but not nearly what it should. It could be a settings but I can’t figure out where to change them either.
Thanks again!

Thanks I attached here. It is the camera at the front door. And it does capture some emotion but not nearly what it should. It could be a settings but I can’t figure out where to change them either and if it catches the motion there isn’t a notification.
Thanks again!

@masorvy1994 Is this a Doorbell at your front door, or a camera, such as the Stick Up Cam, or Spotlight Cam? Thank you for that information from your Device Health page as well! Could you go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Device in question > Motion Settings > and let me know how you have your sensitivity slider set under Motion Zones? Feel free to attach any screenshots from your motion settings to help show where they are at, or describe how you set them up! Lastly, can you ensure your device is not in a certain “Mode,” as described in this Help Article here?

This is a stick up cam.

The motion setting is now set to MAX. But in all fairness, it wasn’t like that when I started this yesterday. When you started sending me some instructions, I was able to move around better. So it is more sensitive and picking up more. I am getting notifications now but my husband is not, so that could be his phone. Let me test this out a few days.

Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

@masorvy1994 Of course! Let me know how the following days go. For the notifications, ensure your husband has Motion Alerts turned on in his app under the Device Profile to ensure he gets them. If he still doesn’t in the following days, feel free to let me know what phone he has and we can see if we can get it back up and running for him to get those notifications. Excited to hear how the following days come for you! :slight_smile: