Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
User Solution
Closed
Recent email about wrong screws and everything needing connecting again
wifi
app-settings
hardwired-battery-video-doorbell
app-request

Recently our cameras all went off line (2 doorbell and 2 internal) with the exception of the external ring security camera. 4 of the 5 reporting being off line. NOTHING had changed with the WiFi, router, positioning, no power cuts, nothing that would affect them. We were away at the time and so lost the ability to see or answer the door bells, monitor the dog or have our normal security. Nothing I could do on the app would restart them, connect them or make them usable. We returned hoping nothing had happened to the dog or house during this time. As I tried to decipher what the problem was, I noticed that all four that went off, all went off at the same time (or at least the last triggered event was the same time on them all). The internal cameras that were reporting “off line” simply came back into full working order by closing and opening the covers on them. The doorbells however wouldn’t connect (did all the obvious rebooting router etc) until I went out in the pouring rain to take them off the wall (one needs ladders to access it) and press the button on the back to do a complete reconnection to the WiFi (they were already connected to). So they then carried on working as normal. Later that night after the security issue we had experienced with our ring setup , I was checking emails and noticed there had been one sent out from ring about an issue with some people using the wrong screws to secure the ring cameras to the wall and it puncturing the battery. That same screw that you need to undo if you have to reconnect your doorbell to the WiFi by pressing the button on the back - is this a coincidence or was it set up to make sure everyone had to go and undo those screws to reconnect?

There really needs to be a way to get them to connect remotely, some sort of back up settings that they will automatically try if anything happens? Imagine if someone was away on holiday for a few weeks and then found all their security was rendered useless like ours was ! At the very least a way to do it without having to get electricians out, climbing ladders, taking down security boxes etc to get to the button on the back.

07-01-2024 07:11:30

Responses (2)

J
User Solution

Hi @user73672. The email regarding the incorrect screws being used would not have a connection to your Ring devices falling offline. As of now, to reconnect your devices that are offline, you need to put them in setup mode by pushing the setup button on them. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

08-01-2024 08:33:42

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

07-02-2024 08:34:38

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User