Receiving Neighbors notifications from old location after moving

I moved and had cameras at 2 locations for a few weeks while transitioning between houses. I have now fully moved my devices to the new location and deleted the old location from my profile in the Ring App, but I am still receiving Ring Neighbors alerts from the old location.

Since I have already removed the devices from the old location and also removed the old location from my account, how do I stop notifications and feed items from the old location without impacting the new location?

Did you allow the Ring to “know your location”. This seems like an odd problem indeed. When you go into the Neighbor Alert, are you saying your old location is indicated in the center of the alert zone, or both locations are now indicated? How about just logging out of the app, and logging back in? Or uninstall and install again? Do you have the latest iOS and Ring software?

I’m having the exact same problem.

I am not seeing the messages from the old community in the feed, but I do receive them in the push notifications to my phone.

The Ring app does have access to my location.

I have removed the old location from my profile, it does not show on the list of my locations in the app.

I have tried logging in and out, as well as reinstalling the app.

The app is Android, the latest version.

People on the chat support suggested that I’d remove the old location from the list (which I had done before), and could not offer any help beyond that.

I have tried phone support, but I got disconnected three times and gave up. I don’t feel like wasting my time on the phone for something that can better be handled in offline communication.

If a software developer from the Ring app team is reading this, I will be happy providing more details in an email.

2 Likes

Hi there, neighbors! Have you tried disabling the Neighbors feed entirely for that location? If not, I would start by first by going through all of your Neighbors Notifications settings, mentioned in this Help Center article.

Next try disabling your Neighbors feed for this location/ account, by following these steps in the Ring app:

• Tap the three lines at the top left of your Dashboard screen.
  • Tap Control Center on the left side of the screen.
  • In Control Center, navigate to the Neighbors section on the main menu
  • In the Neighbors page, you can enable or disable the feature via the toggle.
  • If disabling, confirm you wish to disable.

You can re-enable this thereafter. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I am still struggling with this issue as well. I have deleted every reference of my old neighborhood both in Locations and Neighbors.

I can’t find anywhere that mentions my old location in the app or account profile settings but continue to get notifications daily from my old neighborhood.

Any advice? Moved out of state and my old location had way more crime so it’s really annoying to keep getting these notifications.

3 Likes

I am having this problem as well. My old address is found no where in the ring control center or neighbors settings.

When I get the android push notification about an event at my old address and click it, you can see it is no where near my settings (screenshot attached). Then when I go into my neighbors feed, that alert is no where to be found.

It seems like there is some setting somewhere in the push notifications that is not properly reflecting my move and address settings.

Any ideas on how to fix?

@Marley_Ring your response was not helpful. We are not trying to turn off alerts. We are getting unwanted alerts for an OLD address we removed from our Neighbors profile and is outside of our neighborhood area. I still want to receive alerts for the address that is actually in my profile.

3 Likes

Hi neighbors! If the steps Marley listed aren’t applicable or do not resolve your concern with these incorrect notifications, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Provide them with this information so they can properly notate it on your account and walk through any applicable troubleshooting steps available with you. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Yes. I have the same problem.

I am also having this exact same problem. I have contacted support and they asked me to delete the app and reinstall it which did absolutely nothing. This is obviously a backend problem with the accounts still being linked to the old neighborhood and a bug in Ring’s systems and should be addressed by engineering ASAP. I am so sick of receiving gunshot alerts at 2AM from my old neighborhood. That’s one of the main reasons I moved. I am going to delete my account and try creating a new account today I am so sick of this!

1 Like

Hey neighbors! To correct the location shown in your Ring app you will need to update the address by re-entering it in settings. Follow the steps below to update the location in your app.

• Ensure your Ring app is up to date.
  • Open the the Main Menu in the Ring app by tapping on the three lines on the top left corner.
  • Confirm the location you would like to update is selected at the top, then select Settings .
  • Select Change Address.
  • Tap Edit Address.
    • Note: If you have Professional Monitoring as part of your Ring Alarm, you will be switched to self-monitoring. You will need to update your preference in the monitoring section in the Ring app to Professional Monitoring, this will confirm your updated address for monitoring.
  • Input your address, when you begin typing it will auto populate options in a drop down that you can choose from as well.
  • Confirm your address is correct on the map.
  • Confirm the name you’d like for your Location.
  • You are all set with an updated location!

If you are a Shared User, have the original owner remove your access and then send you a new invite after they have changed the address. For persistent concerns, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This does not solve the issue. I have edited the address so it shows my correct new address in all of my settings. Yet, when in the Neighbors section, I can only see the perimeter for my old address and get notifications for that location that was across the metro I live in. I’ve been trying to figure out how to fix this for about 3 years now in my app since we moved and have yet to get it fixed, despite deleting/redownloading the app and making sure my iPhone is up to date.

The ONLY solution I have been able to find is to log out of my account entirely and be logged into my husband’s account in the app since he’s the primary user. For some reason changing the address worked great for him but not for me, I assume because I’m a secondary user.

Knowing this has been an issue for years seems a little ridiculous. This is one of the best home video systems and for the Neighbors section of the app to have this sort of glitch for so long is such a major con. Considering switching to a different camera system in the future if silly issues like this don’t get addressed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.