Received replacement camera. Solar charge doesn't connect!

Hi. My Gen1 stickup camera was replaced under maintenance/warranty with Gen3. Was told it would work with my solar charger. Unfortunately mine is micro USB. New is barrel connector.

Can you send an adapter or a new panel?

Also, old one never “saw” the panel. How do you get the camera to “see” the charger so it stops trying to sell me one?!?

Thanks!

Hi @mlw2. Here in the Ring Community, we’re unable to access the system the issues replacements or sends out parts. I suggest following up with our support team and they will be more than happy to send you the Adapter for this Solar Charger.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Yeah… 45 minutes plus hold times, no ability to leave a message or request a call back, short loop music and marketing the whole time.

Not my idea of a good time to fix your representative’s mistake!

Thanks!

Hey @mlw2. Another suggestion, if you received an email from the replacement, you can use that to correspond with the agent that helped you and try to arrange a call back. If you don’t see one, try searching your junk/spam folders.

Good one, thanks. Yeah, had to send images so may have had access to emails.

Endured the hold times running many errands along the way. Had to send image of panel but new one was approved. Replacement camera and keypads installed though the “old devices will automatically be removed” thing did not happen. Once new panel arrives and I return failed/obsolete items all will be good again.

In my experience with other vendors this might be considered a “new case” and may or may not be something which can be done by email or a “call me” request.

Dunno!

1 Like