Received a replacement doorbell, what do I need to return?

Hi there, I have received a replacement for a faulty Ring Doorbell Pro (great service BTW :slight_smile: ).

I just wanted to confirm what the support staff member told me over the phone, namely that I only need to return the faulty doorbell itself? I have the original Ring power adapter as well as the face plates, etc., and I am pretty sure I can even find the original box that has the screwdriver, some cables and so on.

Just checking if I should try to find everything I can (some items are obviously used) including the original box or should I just send back the doorbell?

Thanks everyone!

Hi @edgeman. Correct, you only need to return the Doorbell itself. Any accessories or installation tools that came with it are yours to keep, as we only need the Doorbell itself returned. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Awesome, thanks Caitlyn, it will save me some time digging through my messy garage, thanks for the info!

1 Like

Hi, if I need to return a faulty doorbell, “Ring Pro”, whilst I understand the tools etc don’t need sending back,can I hold on to the battery.
Thanks in advance

Hi @user69684, The Ring Pro does not use a battery.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong device, I meant Doorbell 2nd gen.

Hi @user69684. The Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Gen has an internal battery that is not removable.

Hi I am being sent a replacement for my video doorbell plus. It has a removable battery was I supposed to send the battery back also?

Hi @user76076. I’d suggest checking in with support regarding this, as they can review your replacement request and confirm for you what needs to be sent back. The additional accessories like the screws and mounting plate aren’t necessary to send back, but the battery may be considered part of the Doorbell for the sake of a return.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.