Recall? Ring Doorbell Malfunction

I’ve had my ring doorbell for a year or two. My internet is through AT&T which had an outage for 3 weeks because someone stole the copper wiring. Ever since it was restored, my ring doorbell would not do a white ring to reset it. It has been about 2 weeks. Well, today my doorbell rings and I go to check the door and no one is there. I sit back down to find that it rings again. I get back up to check and again no one is there. I then start to hear my doorbell box buzzing and continuing to do random rings. We ignore it and it finally stops, but then start to smell a burning rubber/plastic smell. We immediately disconnect the doorbell and the battery connected to the doorbell box inside the house. Has there been a recall on these things? Has this malfunction started home fires? Is ring going to replace my doorbell?

Hi @mia8907nca. Thank you for sharing what is happening with your Doorbell. For this type of concern please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.