recall on 2 on door bell

do anybody know about the recall on the door bell

Support Link to Recall

All links go back to the same page where you must enter the serial number into a box to find out if your Ring2 is affected. However, when I put my number in the field, I get an error message of “Invalid DSN | Character Count”. I have checked the number about five times and can’t see anything wrong.

6 Likes

I keep entering and getting the same error message as well

2 Likes

yep - same here. typically flimsy automated customer support … luckily, if you used the right screw to secure the cover to the bottom of battery cartridge, it shouldn’t pierce the batt - which seems to be the issue.

2 Likes

Hey neighbors! You can find out if your device is on the list of affected Ring Video Doorbells here. Please note that if you do not have a Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Generation), then this does not apply to you. You can verify which model you have by looking at the back of your Doorbell.If that’s not working for you or if you have further questions, please contact our support team so they can take a look for you. Our support team can be reached at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Thank you!

What defines a 2nd generation Ring Video Doorbell? Nothing on my box indicates the Generation of the doorbell. I have entered the S/N several times and received the same error message as noted above by several responders/inquirers. A response that is more clear would be helpful.

1 Like

What screws are right?

_I used the screws that came with my Ring Doorbell 2. _

I keep getting a message saying wrong number.

I do not want my house to catch fire

1 Like

Sure would be nice if someone would fix the website so users could enter their serial number. I keep getting invalid character count. I’m sure if something happens to a house, maybe then they’ll pay attention.

1 Like

Im getting the same error for gen 2 ring doorbell

I have the exact same problem. I have a Ring 2. I’ve entered the s/n over and over, always the same Invalid DSN | Character Count error. FIX THIS PLEASE! Very frustrating.

I received the same error message when I entered my S/N.

Mine also said invalid serial number.
More problems I dropped it and scuffed up the lens.

All these Ring products are not part of the recall:

• Ring Video Doorbell (1st Gen)
  • Ring Video Doorbell 2
  • Ring Video Doorbell 3
    -Ring Pro Video Doorbell

This only affects Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) this model was released in 2020

if you bought your Ring Video doorbell before 2020 it is not part of this recall.

Also I should point out this is only a recall on the instructions included in the box. The product itself is not recalled. Seems some people used the wood screws which are used to mount it to the side of the house instead of the small security lock screws that are actually meant to be used.

2 Likes

This should still say one way or the other I’d the s/n you put in the box whether it’s affected or not instead of a error. Just my 2 cents plus I don’t want my house to burn down because of this recall.

I have all purchase info - box, receipt, etc. No SN. Do I have to remove doorbell to find SN?

Another question: why is there a 4-5 second delay between a peron coming up steps and the phone/pc alert? (No, not wifi! Mt Wyze camera on same wife has < .5 second delay.) I can hear someone coming up my flight of steps from a floor above, but they are ringing the bell before my alert comes through on cell or PC.

Hi @57b233e44290a137e7cd Do you have the Video Doorbell 2 or Video Doorbell (2nd Generation)? Feel free to share an image of the back of your device. Learn more about the recall, here.