Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
T
Reactivating a camera that was deactivated
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
My Ring camera deactivated. It worked one minute and I received an email that it was deactivated the next. Ring's technical support is a disaster. Two long calls and the personnel didn't seem to have any idea how to help me reactivate the camera. In the most recent call, last night, the rep kept telling me the battery was on empty, even though it's a plug in camera, not a battery camera! I suggested that if she didnt have the information to activate my camera, she ask a manager to help me. Instead, after a few rounds of placing me on hold to research, she simply disconnected and ended the call. Does anyone have experience reactivating a Ring camera, or is the best solution to return it for a refund? Thank you.

08-09-2023 08:29:03

Responses (4)

T
ToddSh, See this link: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-au/articles/4405018931604-How-to-completely-reset-your-Ring-Security-Camera Good luck!

10-09-2023 05:50:49

T
Hi @ToddSh. When you say "deactivated", are you referring to the device being offline, or that the device has been removed from your account by the account owner? What specific camera model do you have? What is the RSSI for this device? This information is located in the Device Health menu of the Ring app.

12-09-2023 01:13:05

U

Tom_Ring, I also inadvertently “deactivated” a camera. I removed it from my account (using my app) by deactivation versus “remove”. How can I reactivate this camera? I’ve done a manual reset on the camera but can not add it, as I no longer have the QR code for it (so using my app to reconnect to Wifi, is not working). Any assistance is appreciated.

20-12-2023 09:16:52

T

Hi @user72067. The QR code should be physically on the device itself. In order to reverse this deactivation, you’ll need to setup the device. If you cannot locate the QR code, try the setup without scanning option.

22-12-2023 06:24:33

U

Have either of you been able to reactivate your device? Mine is now doing the same and none of the setup instructions I’ve found are helping.

25-05-2024 12:03:55

J

Hi @user82636. What exact model Camera do you have? What part of the setup keeps failing?

27-05-2024 04:10:58

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User