Rapid Ring live view not working

Hi,
My Rapid Ring App Live view is not working. My RSSI is -55 and the live view, in the normal ring App, is working fine, only the rapid ring live is not working…

Configuration is Video Doorbell Wired + Android (RSSI - 55, voltage Good)

Can you give me any tip?
Thanks!

Hi @viveiroscordeiro. What kind of cell phone is this happening on? When attempting the Live View, are you on WiFi (2.4GHz or 5GHz) or Cellular Data (LTE or 5G)? Is there an active VPN on the phone? If possible, try testing the Rapid Ring app on another phone or tablet to see if you get the same results. I’ll share your answers with my team so they can look into this.

1 Like

Same issue for me. No VPN on phone. iPhone XR.
All obvious has been reset. It is not a WiFi issue.
Camera works fine in normal app. But not in rapid ring as it used to.

Hi @JasperIrl. Which IOS version do you have installed and what version of the Rapid Ring app? Is there a specific error you are receiving? If possible, try to upload a screenshot of the error you are seeing?

I’m having the same issue. Is there a fix?

When I try to get live view on Rapid Ring Android App it is stuck on “Starting Live View…” and doesn’t load the stream. Rapid Ring is updated v1.38.0. Video Doorbell Pro shows ‘Up to Date’ on firmware in Ring app. Regular Ring app will show the live view of the doorbell. Phone Pixel 4a. I tried the same thing on android tablet and had the same issue.

Hey neighbors! If you’re experiencing any Live View concerns with the Rapid Ring app, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Check out our Community Post on Live View concerns, which can help you narrow down what may be causing the Live View to not work.
  • Follow the best practices in our Help Center Article here to ensure compatibility between your mobile device and the Ring app.
  • Test the Live View on both cellular data and wifi connections to see if one connection type works over the other.
  • Test the Live View on the regular Ring app to see if it works without issue there, as it may be a better option for you than the Rapid Ring app.

I hope these troubleshooting tips help. If you continue to have any concerns with the Live View, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue with my Rapid Ring app. I have a Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12. The live view from my Doorbell Pro will not connect. However, my stand camera 5 ft away will connect. Both cameras work with the main Ring app. I called support and they said that the Rapid Ring app is no longer usable and isn’t supported. But if that’s true, why is it still available on Google Play. I have also tried older versions of the Rapid Ring app and they have the same issue. The only thing I can think of is that Ring put something in the Doorbell Pro’s firmware that blocks the Rapid app. Any help will be appreciated.
Markdoc

1 Like

Rapid Ring stopped linking to Live View - remains on Starting Live View - circle turning. Has been working for a year - quit working yesterday. Regular Ring app works on Live View.

I deleted Rapid Ring app. Rebooted Android tablet. Reinstalled app. Same result. Nothing else in my system changed.

What additional tips tips can you offer? Was there an update?
Is Ring discontinuing Rapid Ring to save bandwidth (it stayed “live” longer than regular Ring - loved it.)

Please give us the official scoop about Rapid Ring so that the many of us experiencing its current failures won’t waste our time trying to troubleshoot.

Caitlyn said*: “* Test the Live View on the regular Ring app to see if it works without issue there, as it may be a better option for you than the Rapid Ring app.”*

My experience has been that Rapid Ring was superior because it remained on Live View, or auto-booted to Live View and stayed on for hours. Regular Ring app remained connected to Live View for just minutes. Does the latest version of the Ring app remain on Live View longer than the previous version?

I started having the same problem as others have mentioned. Ring app works fine. Rapid Ring app will not load video from any of my 3 doorbells on my phone or my wife’s. It will load stick up cam and floodlight cams, just not the doorbells.

iPhones with apps up to date.

Same problem, only with Ring Doorbell Pro. Started 3-4 days ago. I was out of the country, had access for the first part of the week, then the 2nd part of the week no longer had Rapid Ring access to our front door, unless I use the RING app (which obviously takes more time).

I just contacted tech support, and they basically said that support for the Rapid Ring product will be ending on July 22nd. So they weren’t really willing to spend anytime troubleshooting.

Support also said that an email was sent to everyone during June to let us know that support for that the app will be removed form the Play Store, and iOs app store.

No indication from level1 support if there was a replacement coming, or major, MAJOR, improvements to the Ring app.

I can access the other 5 cameras here using rapid ring, but no longer the doorbell pro.

Hope that helps anyone that is having similar experiences

Rapid Ring was great for keeping the live feed on the door bell camera on for several hours. It would automatically reboot and continue on for another few hours. The regular Ring app won’t hold a live feed for more than 10 or 15 minutes.

Is there a way to keep the Live View on longer with the regular Ring app?

1 Like

Shoot, i thought I was the only one that had problem with Rapid Ring connecting to Door Bell Pro. Why the hell they want to discontinue it? Rapid Ring is needed for quick view when motion is detected and I been using it for probably 2 years. It still work w/ Floodlight and Stickup cam but not Doorbell cam? Why? What’s the reason behind this? It’s lame that they did that. Should we cancel our subscription?

Or a bunch of morons at Ring decided to discontinue Rapid Ring app? Why the hell is not working, what is the reason behind the issue? It was working great for years. Please explain what’s going on. Let’s cancel the subscription if they think this is their decision.

They are no longer supporting Rapid Ring and it will completely stop working altogether sometime in July

And miraculously, today, with no other changes, it starts working again with the Ring Doorbell Pro.

@SolarEclipse at present there is no article or press release. There will be an email sent out to everyone on the 11th July informing them and the app will be removed from all App Stores on the 27th July unless Ring have a change of heart

If your live-view on your ring app is not working over wi-fi, see my topic and chime in Live View not working over WiFi but cellular OK